Dropbox unveiled new updates to its Dropbox for Marketing strategy, together with the power to make folders view-only, to make Dropbox hyperlinks password-protected and set expiry dates to them.
- View-only permissions for shared folders let group members decide who can view or edit information inside a shared folder they’ve created. This offers folder house owners full management over their information and peace of thoughts that their firm info is in the proper fingers.
- Passwords and expirations for shared hyperlinks create boundaries round who can entry content material by way of shared hyperlinks and for the way lengthy. For instance, when you’re sharing info with a contractor, you may set these hyperlinks to run out when the undertaking is over and be assured your contractor gained’t have entry to these information.
- Full-text search will deliver highly effective and quick search proper into information inside Dropbox. Group members will now not must waste time opening information and folders to seek out what they want — they will simply simply kind a phrase contained throughout the file and it’ll immediately seem within the outcomes.
- Undertaking Concord, which DropBox first launched final April, lets group members see who else is in a Microsoft Workplace file (like an Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint presentation, or Phrase doc) inside a shared folder. Even when colleagues aren’t in the identical place, Undertaking Concord lets them work collectively on a file as in the event that they’re sitting facet by facet — making workflows one step easier.
- The Shared Folder API provides builders entry to the core performance of shared folders — so customers get the identical nice sharing expertise whether or not they’re in Dropbox or a third-party app.
- The Doc Preview API lets builders embed Dropbox’s doc previews characteristic straight into their apps, so customers can view their Dropbox information with out having to modify between home windows.